Just Kids

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 § 0

Last week I finished reading Patti Smith's Just Kids, about her lifelong friendship with photographer Robert Mapplethorpe. Smith told a very touching story of not just a friendship, but of two people who respected, loved and understood each other completely. I didn't know very much about Mapplethorpe before reading this book except that I didn't really like what I knew of his work. After getting a different point of view and learning more about his process and ideas, I decided to give his work another chance. I appreciate and understand his work more now after learning more about his concept and struggles. These are just a few of the (much tamer) photos of his.




What's this?

You are currently reading Just Kids at On the Wall.

meta

§ Leave a Reply