A Year Ago

Sunday, September 4, 2011 § 0

It's hard to believe how fast a year really goes. This time last year I had just moved back in with my dad after graduating, and it was the first time in four years I was actually living in Cincinnati for an extended period of time, not to mention I hadn't lived with my dad since I was around 11 years old. Leaving behind my boyfriend and my comfort zone wasn't easy for me, but in the end it was definitely necessary for me. I explored my dad's large property nearly every day with my Mamiya, attempting landscape photography. It became very therapeutic and personal for me, as did running (until I inevitably injured my knee). My camera was basically my only companion during that time and saw me through. I didn't necessarily create masterpieces from this time, but I cherish each photograph because I see them as representations of what I was going through emotionally.




What's this?

You are currently reading A Year Ago at On the Wall.

meta

§ Leave a Reply